Critical Reflection

As stated in my formal introductory letter, written at the start of the module, my personal goals from this module were to improve my formal writing. Now, nearing the end of the module, I feel that this module has helped to improve my report writing skills, such as using proper citations and how to make full use of GAI to help me in my writing. Thanks to the constructive feedback from my professor and peers, I was able to tweak my writing as needed in order to enhance the clarity and effectiveness in conveying a message. This has taught me to take feedback more seriously, as it is a great learning opportunity.


During the project, I learned to collaborate with others, discussing ideas, splitting tasks and providing feedback. This has helped me improve my interpersonal skills. Furthermore, the feedback during the mock oral presentation was really useful in improving my verbal communication skills. It made me realise that the most important part of a good presentation is not how much content you can cram into it, but about capturing the audience's attention and effectively delivering the key points. This reduces the need to rely on a script, making the presentation feel more natural.


In summary, this module has enhanced my interpersonal skills and formal writing. I feel that this module has helped me to fulfill my personal goals of improving my interpersonal skills and formal writing and enhancing the clarity and effectiveness of my communication both verbally and in writing. Thank you to my professor and friends.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Formal Introductory Letter

The Importance of Communication Skills for Engineers

Initial Research Pathway (Description of Creaform Inc. Peel 3.CAD)